Asbestos Garage – Trumpington.
Cambridge Roofers were asked to refurbish a series of leaking asbestos garage roofs in Trumpington by an existing customer.
The customer was offered two options of either pressed steel sheeting or a single ply EPDM flat roof but selected a single ply solution.
The asbestos was removed and disposed of to a licensed waste site and then a new timber frame was constructed over which, timber decking and a single ply membrane was installed.
One of the garages required the installation of an RSJ to support a modified and extended roof over a bike shed.
On the same estate in Trumpington, Cambridge, the recycling centre mineral felt roof was replaced along with all of it’s supporting timber carcass.
DESCRIPTION OF WORKS:
– To replace existing coverings with new single ply EPDM membrane to 3no. flat roofs.
• Manufacturer: Firestone.
• Material: EPDM.
• Thickness: 1.52mm.
• Colour: Charcoal.
• Perimeter: uPVC
• Warranty: 25 years.
To supply and install no.4 new Dome Skylights.
• Manufacturer: Rooflights and Glazing Ltd
• Dimensions: 950mm x 1350mm
• Opening Mechanism: Fixed.
• Thickness: Double skin
• U-Value: 2.9Wm2K (guidance)
• Upstands: Bespoke timber construction.
• Warranty: 10 years.
Completed March 2017